October 8, 2020
The Blue Ridge Parkway is FILLED with some of the most gorgeous landscapes, hikes and mountain views, making it the perfect area for an elopement. Here is what you need to know about eloping in North Carolina!!
1. PLAN AHEAD & DO RESEARCH – Do research on location!
Do research on hiking distances and conditions before you choose a location to make sure it’s the best fit for your elopement.
Some things to consider:
2. CHOOSE A LOCATION & GET A PERMIT – Locations that are part of the Blue Ridge Parkway require a permit for ceremonies, where as locations that are part of the Pisgah National Forest (like Max Patch) do not. You can find permit info HERE.
3. FIND A PLACE TO STAY – Asheville is a great town near the mountains to stay for your elopement weekend!! It’s close to many parts of the parkway and has a lot of beautiful airbnb options!! You’ll be amazed by all the stunning airbnbs hidden in the mountains. Read my blog post of “THE BEST AIRBNB’S IN NORTH CAROLINA FOR A WEDDING OR ELOPEMENT”
4. PLAN THE WHOLE DAY – After choosing your ceremony spot, getting your permit and booking a place to stay, find some fun things to do near that area!! You could incorporate pretty much anything you love to do into your elopement! Here is a list of ideas:
5. CHOOSE YOUR VENDORS: Searching for the perfect vendors on google can be overwhelming, so here’s a list of my favorites!!
6. PREPARE FOR THE DAY:
That’s it!! Enjoy your elopement day!!
Head on over to my Experience Page to read about how I can help you plan your dream elopement!!